- Can I collect last months rent and a security deposit?
No, Under NH law any amount above the first months rent is considered a security deposit and you may only collect up to one months rent for a security deposit.
- Can I collect a pet deposit?
No, Under NH law you may only charge one months rent for a security deposit.
- Is there an opportunity to network at NHPOA?
Absolutely! We believe that we should be supporting each other and NHPOA encourages networking by orchestrating the opportunities to do so.
- What is the certificate of compliance (COC) in Manchester, NH
- Can I be an affiliate member?
Yes if you belong to another landlord group. This entitles you to general member benefits but does not entitle you to voting rights.
- NHPOA is not represented in my area. Can I start one in my area and who do I speak with in that regard?
Landlords coming together in support of each other are what NHPOA is all about. NHPOA would greatly appreciate anyone who is self-motivated and willing to go out and spread the word. To start a NHPOA chapter in your area, you are encouraged to contact the president of NHPOA to discuss your intentions.
- Can I advertise in the newsletter?
We welcome members to advertise in the newsletter. To enquire as to the cost, a member can contact the office manager at email@example.com
- Who do I contact if I wish to write an article for the newsletter?
The best person to contact when the draft is ready would be your local chapter director. He or she would then forward it on to the correct person.
- Who are my Chapter representatives?
We are always growing so please refer to the monthly newsletter to find out exactly who that would be.
- Can I attend meetings without having to sign up as a member?
Yes, you may attend without signing up as a member, however you will be asked to leave the meeting after the general issues under discussion have been dealt with. The remaining part of the meeting will be reserved for members only.
- Why should I join the Association?
A better informed Landlord is a better landlord.
- What are the benefits to joining the Association?
- Knowledge database
- Learn from other landlords
- Unified voice at the legislature
- Vendor discount programs
- Informational workshops
- Educational seminars
- Attorney workshops
- Monthly newsletter
- Monthly meetings
- Necessary forms
- Advice & support on landlord & related issues
- Access to NHPOA's information resources
- Local chapter meetings
- Who do I contact if I have a general question on a specific issue?
You should contact your local chapter director. To find out who that is, check the monthly newsletter.
- Does the Association invite speakers/ presenters to their workshops or meetings?
We like to keep landlords informed, so speakers and presenters are usually invited to monthly meetings. The events are published in the monthly newsletter and listed in the upcoming events section of the website.